free player from mysplayer.com
The Holiness

The Holiness


Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The Five Precepts are basic ethical guidelines for the followers of Buddhism. They are undertaken voluntarily, rather than as commandments from a god.


Essentially, these precepts promote harmony and reduce suffering between ourselves
and others. The underpinning moral code has two qualities: compassion (karuna)
and loving kindness (metta), which are used as the guiding principles in life.



1. I undertake the precept to refrain from destroying living creatures.

2. I undertake the precept to refrain from taking that which is not given.

3. I undertake the precept to refrain from sexual misconduct.

4. I undertake the precept to refrain from incorrect speech.

5. I undertake the precept to refrain from intoxicatants.


Posted by Phurba Wong at 6:12 AM |

0 Comments: